“The journey to the past.”
In the middle of the most modern city of Vietnam, there exist the imprints of the historical milestones – the stories craving to be told.
Why do some streets have French names, while most of those have Vietnamese names?
What do tortoises and turtles represent? Why do they appear so frequently in temples, pagodas and royal palaces?
What does incense mean in Vietnamese spiritual culture?
What are the differences between a temple and a pagoda? Is Ngoc Hoang a temple or a pagoda?
♥ About the trip:
- Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 am or 13:30 pm – 17:30 pm
- Pick up / Drop-off location: Hoa Sen University – 08 Nguyen Van Trang, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Transports: Motorbike
- Itinerary: Hoa Sen University – Tan Dinh Market – Sir Le Van Duyet Mausoleum – Jade Emperor Pagoda – Couleurs d’Asie by Reshahn Gallery – Hoang Thi Coffee – Hoa Sen University.
♥ Notice :
- Estimated personal expense: 200.000 – 300.000 VND (including: transports, food and drink /person). Please prepare Vietnamese money before the trip.
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen, hat and a bottle of water! It is sweltering outside.
- Visit the oldest pagoda in Ho Chi Minh city
- Experience the Vietnamese market atmosphere
- Try the local foods that other tourists have not tried